Saturday, June 12, 2010

"COME JOANNE PLAY WITH US"

Learning the subtleties of 3 against 4. Brahms. Left hand. My teacher (you know who you are) wrote it out for me, used his left and right hand to play the rhythm on the music stand, had me do the same.

Had me say this little ditty along with the rhythm. 'Come Joanne, play with us.' Come Joanne, come Joanne . . . . Come Fido, eat your food. Come Simon, let's do the boogie woogie. Come Penelope, let's get a latte. Go Lulu, get me some popcorn. Come Johnnie, let's bang our head against the wall in the rubber room.

I don't get it. Go away Joanne.

It's like algebra. I freeze. Fright or flight. Rhythm. Math!!! I have to feel it in my body or it just ain't gonna happen. Sorry teacher (you know who you are).

Practicing, practicing, practicing.

Back to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Sigh . . . .

No comments: