Friday, April 30, 2010


I find myself going deeper and deeper into the music. Not content to simply learn a piece, but to explore it's architecture. Where is the melody line? How to bring it out? What happens when the surrounding notes are played? Does a richer, more thoughtful design in phrasing produce a deeper experience of the piece? What happens to the sound when the piano lid is raised? Now what do I hear?

The possibilities are endless. Growth potential is always present. A deeper connection to physical reality by way of sound and touch. Endlessly more subtle. Endlessly more refined.

I experience the connection to pure creative principle through wood and metal that has been brilliantly designed to allow the human ear and heart embrace a small piece of the Divine.

I feel so blessed. And so grateful.

No comments: